Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"

I don't think I will be playing much until the end of the league, wanted to share some thoughts after experimenting with adding more defense to the build. This comes from an unexperienced player so I may be missing some key insights on how to make things work:

- I transitionned to an Awakened Curse On Hit with Conductivity and Elemental Weakness in my helmet, using Storm Brand to deliver critical strikes and curses. The build didn't require that much DPS for casual mapping as Arc already clears everything very quickly without it. I didn't notice a significant upgrade. Great for bossing though.
- I've experimented with Enfeeble and found it didn't provide a significant boost to survivability. I still die from performance issues and mysterious one shots, my health pool still doesn't move much in normal circumstances.
- Other than not worrying about Hexproof on maps, I don't think the investment in the Support Gem was worth it. I couldn't get myself to double corrupt my 5/20 from fear of making it worse, I'll keep that gamble for later :)

- I bought a 10% Damage taken from Mana Before Life Watcher's Eye and put Mana Recovery Rate on a belt (crafted it myself using alts for mana and mana recovery, then horticraft life and resists, then finished with a bench craft - a first crafting project that was more fun than expected). Once again, not as big a survivability improvement as I expected as big hits still go through.

- I switched to a Quartz Flask from a Sulphur Flask. I'm doing well without the DPS boost, but even with those 3 defensive improvements (Enfeeble, Damage taken from Mana and Dodge) I feel I haven't improved much. I guess I would have to better learn the mechanics of avoiding damage.

- I wanted to experiment with Endurance Charges and replaced Blood Rage with Enduring Cry. The fact that warcries are not triggered by Cast When Damage Taken has turned it essentially into a 6th flask, which I didn't like. I think the trade-off from Frenzy to Endurance charges could be worth it if they were both on a spell basis that could be automated.

I took a look at your gear, you definitely are much more tankier than i am. I'm at 4.1k hp and 10.1k mana and find myself only dying to what you stated above, either bum rushed x100000 projectiles or mysterious one hit ko's. I highly doubt any amount of reasonable EHP will protect us from this, so gotta play safe and stay above 50% mana (thats my strat). I'm going to be aiming for level 99 soon as dying for me is pretty rare. Perhaps it is the playstyle but just remind yourself that you are a ranged class, use the range to your advantage! As for the upgrade to awakened curse on hit, in my opinion it only really shines in boss fights, i felt kind of scammed buying it but at the same time i wasn't so upset cuz it did fix my bossing problem. A tip for survival is ALWAYS have that rumi's concoction going. According to the POB calculator it raised my EHP by a massive amount, so i never run into a pack of mobs without it on.
"
Yeah, I already did that. Bought a few pieces of other gear too. For now i have to settle with a 5 linked one, until I'll be able to turn it into a full 6, though it's not going to happen soon most likely.

PM me. I believe I have 6L Cloak you can have. I may also have an extra pair of Omeyocan boots and my previous wand which is similar to my current one. I do not play standard and they go to waste so you can have if you want.
"
zaz0u01 написал:

- I bought a 10% Damage taken from Mana Before Life Watcher's Eye and put Mana Recovery Rate on a belt (crafted it myself using alts for mana and mana recovery, then horticraft life and resists, then finished with a bench craft - a first crafting project that was more fun than expected). Once again, not as big a survivability improvement as I expected as big hits still go through.

Same thing I've experienced, getting an additional 10% Damage taken from Mana Before Life did not increase my survability as I was expecting instead. It's something I will regret, since I've spent about 20ex in standard to get a Watcher's Eye with that mod together with mana recovery.....
assuming not much changes in 3.12 for this build, and assuming the meta remains unchanged in the following:
- spellslinger/archmage popularity
- necro doesn't get nerfhammered into the ground

but with the removal of harvestcrafting, how do you think it will affect this build?

wondering if anyone is considering using this as a league starter. myself i personally play a max of 2 chars per league, sometimes just the league starter for the whole league (working old man, so not much time for gaming)

with the power creep/spike from harvest crafting, and this char being the highest dps char i ever had, i will not consider this for my 2nd char again as i can't clear 100% delirious T16 map with beyond and +1 monster level. maybe it's just my skill, but the fact remains that there's a clear ceiling that i myself am unable to break through.

it's quite a pity, because i love everything about this build:
- MoM gives me more eHP than i ever had
- mana pool serving as both offence and defence allows me to ignore life on so many fronts
- arc is auto-target-seeking, so it's really a fire-and-forget
- ease of applying curse
- few buttons build (1 for curse, 1 for movement, 2x vaal skills, and 1 for main skill. arcane cloak on left mouse click)

please share your thoughts for 3.12
"
CliffAhead написал:
assuming not much changes in 3.12 for this build, and assuming the meta remains unchanged in the following:

but with the removal of harvestcrafting, how do you think it will affect this build?

wondering if anyone is considering using this as a league starter. myself i personally play a max of 2 chars per league, sometimes just the league starter for the whole league (working old man, so not much time for gaming)

with the power creep/spike from harvest crafting, and this char being the highest dps char i ever had, i will not consider this for my 2nd char again as i can't clear 100% delirious T16 map with beyond and +1 monster level. maybe it's just my skill, but the fact remains that there's a clear ceiling that i myself am unable to break through.

- mana pool serving as both offence and defence allows me to ignore life on so many fronts
- ease of applying curse
- few buttons build (1 for curse, 1 for movement, 2x vaal skills, and 1 for main skill. arcane cloak on left mouse click)

I've played poe for:
11 days 8 hours and 50minutes.(Yep this is my first time playing :D)

I've played this arc build for:
7 days 7 hours and 21 minutes and 38 seconds.

So basicly i've started my poe "career" with Harvest league.
I've managed to get his char to an incredible 1.3m DPS in PoB. Even though i'm not able to kill A8 Sirus because i've somehow messed up my Atlas and i miss only one Watchstone for A8 to be unlocked it's incredible good build for a new starter in this game,not just for a new league.
I'd recommend this build to whoever wants to start playing this game. It's very easy to play, the game is hard to understand XD. Isn't that expensive if you just want to do T16 and make currency. In fact as a new player that still has to learn about to this game isn't a bad idea to make this just for t16 and another build for very high end stuff. With this i could farm and invest in antoher character that can resist much smoother in delirium maps.The biggest problem is the next leageue i won't have that much free time so basicly i would have to choose one.

The sad part is that without harvest crafting we'll have to hunt for uniques since this league will go back to old crafting stystem, which is expensive.Lmao.

Since we don't know all the possibilites and i guess they won't show us all of them it's hard to say it will be better or worse for us. As you said at least we didn't get nerfed.

The next league i will keep arc build as a backup in case something else just gets me boored, or i don't have time to learn another build.

I'm already crafting a new build based on DoT (i suppose fire will be chosen,i'm still not decided; ED is very blunt). I will try to apply as much knowledge as i can from arc build to fire build. Beside the items which need more time to invest to understand what to do and where, the gem setup is almost complete. I wonder if anotherm elemental damage could go as good as arc or even more, using MP for defense(and maybe ES too), and DoT for damage. It's a weird combo between what i've learnt from Arc build and ED builds. I kinda enjoy the Witch Ascendacies.

I hope that new gems will give us an unused opportunity to get this build even more in delirium juicy juicy maps. If that happens be sure i'll come back to this. Somehow i wish we could get a visible DoT for lightning. That would improve the overall DPS even if i'll have to put down some MP numbers to achieve that.

"
CliffAhead написал:

- ease of applying curse

I'd try getting a shield with both life on block and mana on block, the life on block is insane when there are as many monsters as there are in a 100% delirium map.
I sometimes drop down to below 1 fps when running the full delirium maps (still using an FX6300 lol), but can still usually manage to clear them deathless because of the insane sustain and tankyness the build offers.
Edit: Recorded a video of me clearing one, the audio bugged out and the fps drops make it painful to watch, but you can see that I don't have much trouble survivng. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_FrNCtQ2Ww&feature=youtu.be
There are definitely better builds for delirium maps though

Build will definitely be much weaker without harvest crafting, will probably need some significant investment to even do normal T16 maps quickly/reliably
Последняя редакция: Yarbl. Время: 5 сент. 2020 г., 23:22:08
"Asenath's Gentle Touch are very interesting aswell. They come with the basic life and mana that we want, curse enemies with Temporal Chains and have situational Blind and corpse explosions to remove on-death effects, such as from porcupines. They can only drop from Maraketh Legions."

The on-death effect for porcupines still happen. Was this nerfed?
"
Yarbl написал:

I'd try getting a shield with both life on block and mana on block, the life on block is insane when there are as many monsters as there are in a 100% delirium map.
I sometimes drop down to below 1 fps when running the full delirium maps (still using an FX6300 lol), but can still usually manage to clear them deathless because of the insane sustain and tankyness the build offers.
Edit: Recorded a video of me clearing one, the audio bugged out and the fps drops make it painful to watch, but you can see that I don't have much trouble survivng. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_FrNCtQ2Ww&feature=youtu.be
There are definitely better builds for delirium maps though

Build will definitely be much weaker without harvest crafting, will probably need some significant investment to even do normal T16 maps quickly/reliably

Jesus Yarbl, that's not a gameplay video, it's a powerpoint presentation!

I have no idea how you survive at those frame-rates. Amazing build though!
According to Yarbl message
Probably u have so spiky gameplay expirence because of
1) single channel ram
2) that ram is low freq, i would recommend overclock it to something like ~2000 mhz. Its not that hard but overall perfomance boost is like 30%.
Fx processors is rly require good ram speed. GL
Последняя редакция: Datel666. Время: 6 сент. 2020 г., 11:38:24
"
Datel666 написал:
According to Yarbl message
Probably u have so spiky gameplay expirence because of
1) single channel ram
2) that ram is low freq, i would recommend overclock it to something like ~2000 mhz. Its not that hard but overall perfomance boost is like 30%.
Fx processors is rly require good ram speed. GL

Thanks for the help but I'm planning to get a new processor, mobo and ram before the next league, never really played anything as demanding as POE so never felt the need. I've got an RX580, might upgrade that as well if the need arises.

Noticed a guy on poe.ninja running Inspiring presence in the gem slot near exposure tolerance, seems pretty nice - gives me about 6% more damage, 200 life and 10 dex at the cost of 5 passive points

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация