Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Aerial1910 написал:
Hey love the guide! Was able to kill my first A8 Sirus this league after returning to the game since Harbinger

Was just wondering, how valuable is recover % mana on block? Have crafted a pretty decent shield, but lose ~1mill dps if I replace my current shield with it.

Shields are:

My pob is: https://pastebin.com/cKKqkw7z

I was also wondering if pob calculates curse on hit rings into dps? Or do I need to add conductivity as a spell for example.

Thanks!

Personally, I've never found the recover mana on block mod necessary, because if I die, it's usually to a ridiculous 1- or 2-hit and not to a bunch of hits draining my mana. But a lot of people here swear by it, so it obviously is useful. If your survivability isn't an issue, I would probably stick with the higher-damage shield, but try them both out in a really juiced map and see if you notice a difference.

PoB does calculate the Conductivity on hit penalty as long as it's checked in the "skills" tab, which it was in your PoB link. Your link was calculating regular DPS and not Sirus DPS, so I tweaked it a little.
https://pastebin.com/7vHeVLdu -- that's assuming you're running regular RF.
https://pastebin.com/WEJPT6Z7 -- that's if you're only using the gem for Vaal RF. I won't ever count Vaal RF in PoB because it obviously does nothing for sustained damage output; same with flasks, unless you have a reliable method of generating flask charges in a single-target situation.
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 2:58:29
"
Ledanika написал:
Greetings to everyone!
I have just implemented "conductivity - unnerve - culling strike" and it is really the great damage boost!
Right now I am strugling to get 96 level and it seems like my survivability is not as perfect as damage. Dying on T16 Cassia missions, on some >80 Heists and sometimes just randomly. Meanwhile I can beat Elder/Shaper guards mostly deathless! Is it my lack of attention or is there something I missed in my gear/gems/passives? If someone could have a look, I would be very much helpful.

Honestly, your stuff looks pretty good...I don't see any glaring deficiencies. Are you careful with your flask usage? That can make a big difference if you're getting mobbed, which it sounds like most of your deaths are coming from. Also, I'd ditch one of those life flasks for a quicksilver; those help a ton in heists.

Other questions: what's your unreserved mana, are you running regular RF, and if so, are you able to sustain your mana with it on while at a standstill in your hideout with only auras and no other buffs active?

Also, are you paying close attention to map mods? One extra shitty mod on a map can result in a day's worth of xp lost. That just fucking happened to me an hour ago. Not angry about it at all. Nope.

Someone else can probably give better insight!
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 2:56:16
"
WorderMostFoul написал:

Honestly, your stuff looks pretty good...I don't see any glaring deficiencies. Are you careful with your flask usage?

Other questions: what's your unreserved mana, are you running regular RF,

Also, are you paying close attention to map mods? One extra shitty mod on a map can result in a day's worth of xp lost. That just fucking happened to me an hour ago. Not angry about it at all. Nope.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, you are right, the most death situation can be descriped as "getting mobbed". Probably, my not-very-fresh laptop doesnt like such situations as well thus lagging and playing on mob's side (( That is why it seems like I need to shift somehow to more defencies even if loosing some part of damage. What should I do first when being mobbed to have better chance to avoid death? Press Concoction and Silver Flask? Or mana flask? Or focus on Flame Dash and getting out from these annoying creatures? If the first choice is not correct, there could be no chance for the second one...

As to stats, I have 4.400 HP and 9.200 unreserved mana. Seems like it should be enough... Not running regular RF (though I can sustain it well in hideout) as 1) I feel the damage to be OK without RF; 2) it remarkably decreased the survivability.
So just using Vaal RF from time to time.

And yes, I am attentive to reflect mods, mana regen mods, elemental weakness and temporal chains (hate this one).
"
Ledanika написал:
"
WorderMostFoul написал:

Honestly, your stuff looks pretty good...I don't see any glaring deficiencies. Are you careful with your flask usage?

Other questions: what's your unreserved mana, are you running regular RF,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, you are right, the most death situation can be descriped as "getting mobbed". Probably, my not-very-fresh laptop doesnt like such situations as well thus lagging and playing on mob's side (( That is why it seems like I need to shift somehow to more defencies even if loosing some part of damage. What should I do first when being mobbed to have better chance to avoid death? Press Concoction and Silver Flask? Or mana flask? Or focus on Flame Dash and getting out from these annoying creatures? If the first choice is not correct, there could be no chance for the second one...

As to stats, I have 4.400 HP and 9.200 unreserved mana. Seems like it should be enough... Not running regular RF (though I can sustain it well in hideout) as 1) I feel the damage to be OK without RF; 2) it remarkably decreased the survivability.
So just using Vaal RF from time to time.

And yes, I am attentive to reflect mods, mana regen mods, elemental weakness and temporal chains (hate this one).

OK, definitely know what you're doing...I sympathize with the laptop situation, as I started playing PoE on one originally (and bought a gaming desktop just for PoE after like 1 league, lol). The lag you're experiencing on it is likely responsible for most of your deaths. I think there are a few things you can do to help mitigate, but honestly sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

First, if you haven't, try to optimize performance settings to prioritize FPS over clearer graphics. Definitely not an expert here, but I'm sure someone who reads this is knowledgeable enough to offer suggestions.

Next, shore up block chance and push for 10k unreserved mana as much as possible. Arcane Swiftness is a good anointment for this (though it does cost some mana, so it's a trade-off), Divergent Tempest Shield gives another 1% block chance, and I'd get a Rumi's Concotion with a perfect or near-perfect roll. All of these give an extra 10% attack block chance, which will make a difference. Mana is tougher because your gear already looks good, but I'd sacrifice a few % maximum life nodes for % maximum mana nodes. There are at least 3 8% mana nodes I see right of the bat that you could be taking. I feel like the gain in mana will offset the loss of life; I'm running around with 3700 hp and 9.9k mana and rarely die (Eater of Souls's phase 1 invisible slam move being the apparently exception today). So 4.4k life should really not be necessary.

But your behavior in these situations is also important. I'd probably try ditching both life flasks--are they REALLY helping that much when you need them?--for a basalt flask and a quicksilver flask. As stated above, go for a better roll on the Rumi's. And as annoying as it is, I'd reroll a Chemist's silver flask such that it's only 30/60 charges to use (instead of 32/60). Reroll your mana flask to an enduring one--it's way better for spamming when mapping--If you feel a lag spike coming on, spam ALL your flasks and high-tail it out of there until you are safe. It's tedious, but having to play cautiously to survive is better than dying.

I'm sure someone else will have other good suggestions, too.
"
WorderMostFoul написал:

Next, shore up block chance and push for 10k unreserved mana as much as possible.

Thanks a lot! Very practical and useful! I am not sure only about Arcane Swiftness, but flask rolls, % life vs % mana and Divergent Tempest Shield I plan to implement ASAP!

As to the second life flask - I keep it for "remove freeze and chill". Dont know where to get this if not on flask. And sometimes it is really useful (for Chests and in Delve).
Последняя редакция: Ledanika. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 5:29:45
"
Ledanika написал:

As to the second life flask - I keep it for "remove freeze and chill". Dont know where to get this if not on flask. And sometimes it is really useful (for Chests and in Delve).

You might find you get more use/survivability out of a utility flask with the same roll, because if you're at (or close to) full life the freeze and chill immunity time will be short, when the flask stops so does the effect. If you're running with a quicksilver or phasing(?), something else, the effect will last until the flask run time expires.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.
Последняя редакция: Cypr3ss_2012. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 6:54:17
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
About the frenzy charges--do you have some way of generating them in the Sirus fight? Regular Blood Rage wouldn't, though this expensive variant should supposedly let us get frenzy charges against bosses.

As you can see from the video I posted, it works somewhat, but not completely, reliably against Sirus.

Thanks for that - I noticed you using an Anomalous Blood Rage a while ago and it was great to see the realistic uptime in the video you posted, as I had reservations on how often you'd generate a charge at 2%.

Without automatic generation it's a problem of losing damage and playing catch-up. If we stop casting Arc to generate a charge (weapon swap, Frenzy gem, etc.) you've lost damage by not casting Arc. The bonus damage that Frenzy gives would to have to catch up that loss and then overtake what your original Arc damage would have been without charges before you have to refresh them again or you're just constantly playing catch-up and never really gaining damage.

I did look into an Elegant Hubris (for Elegant Fervour's 10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit) but it'd be a 6 to 8 skill point commitment and you'd need a lucky roll to get a good placement of Eternal Fervour. Realistically, those 6 to 8 points likely could have been spent elsewhere to get more benefit than what Frenzy charges give.

Maybe Doedre's Elixir to help stabilise charges? As it's a mana flask so we'd regenerate charges from Essence Extraction, but it would only really help for refreshing charges on bosses.

I'm using Vaal Portal to open a breach when necessary on bosses to help maintain frenzy, alas this won't help on Sirus (could possibly add a Soul Ripper but you'd only get charges for a small duration of the fight).
I was thinking about upgrading my shield, there is no good Fossilized Spirit Shield in my budget chance. So I watched other shield types, this is somewhat affordable and has gain mana when you block.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/b8q8nJLfL
The implicit bonus covers much or less the resistance loss and it has a prefix I can craft to get +# Life and +X Mana Regeneration or put other resistances when I swap my rings with other else.

Now, I wonder if the loss of the other bonus on my current shield are worth it.

This is my current shield:

Fossilized Spirit Shield
Item Level: 66
Quality: 20
Sockets: B-G-B

20% increased Spell Damage

+95 to maximum Life
Regenerate 12.7 Life per second
+49 to maximum Mana
+1 to Level of all Lightning Spell Skill Gems
+34% to Fire Resistance
+12% to Lightning Resistance

Sorry but I've no idea how to post a full image like you all do.
Последняя редакция: ArionAthreides. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 10:07:03
"
ArionAthreides написал:
I was thinking about upgrading my shield, there is no good Fossilized Spirit Shield in my budget chance. So I watched other shield types, this is somewhat affordable and has gain mana when you block.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/b8q8nJLfL
The implicit bonus covers much or less the resistance loss and it has a prefix I can craft to get +# Life and +X Mana Regeneration or put other resistances when I swap my rings with other else.

Mana on block is a bit of a trap - technically you don't want to block, as if you did then you were hit - and you don't want to be hit; you can sustain your mana without it. It's a bit counter productive as the better you play, the lower the mana gain you get from that stat is. It's like punishment for playing better. If you need, or want, mana sustain on your shield then I would go with flat mana regeneration rate - and preferably a high roll of it, although a crafted roll would do.

Some of these shields might work for you, and all have a spare suffix open for a mana regeneration craft. I've set the search to 'any' rather than 'online' only as I'm not sure which of them will be online when you search, but there a bunch at or below 10c. You might want to run them through Path of Building before hand however to see how much of an affect the loss of +lightning skill gems is versus more spell damage.

Последняя редакция: Zarasi. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 10:28:04
"
Zarasi написал:
Mana on block is a bit of a trap

I'm sorry but then why does the guide says:
Later on we want Recover #% of your maximum Mana when you Block, which gives us an additional layer of mana sustain while tanking stuff. Optionally we can also add Recover #% of Life when you Block to that, but the former has priority.
if getting Mana of Block is a trap?
Последняя редакция: ArionAthreides. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 10:34:33

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация