Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
ArionAthreides написал:
"
Zarasi написал:
Mana on block is a bit of a trap

I'm sorry but then why does the guide says:
Later on we want Recover #% of your maximum Mana when you Block, which gives us an additional layer of mana sustain while tanking stuff. Optionally we can also add Recover #% of Life when you Block to that, but the former has priority.
if getting Mana of Block is a trap?

You're kind of answering your own question - that's what the guide states, as it is a guide, not a specific set of rules on how you must play the build, and you're taking the guide as gospel. This is why some players are diverging from the guide while staying more-or-less true to the original design. In this instance, Enki is giving advice on how to sustain mana when tanking enemies. I'm stating that, realistically, as a build with a ranged spell, you should not be aiming to tank monsters where feasible, and 'block' is there to save you, not assist in mana sustain.

If you wish to get 'mana on block' on a shield, then by all means, feel free. Think about it however, if you go through a map, play really well, stay at range with a ranged spell, and never get hit at all - how much mana did you gain from 'mana on block'?
"
Zarasi написал:
and you're taking the guide as gospel.

Then we having an issue with words here. A Guide where I live is something you are supposed to follow as gospel especially when you understand nothing on how this game work and you can't go past T9 maps without dying 6 times a run. When I follow a guide I'm expecting said guide to guide me to the end of the game not giving advice to me that everyone else thinks are bad. If I follow a Guide regarding Baldur Gate III, I expect to finish it by following the Guide as gospel especially since I know nothing about D&D 5e since Is topped playing it back in the 2Edition.

"
Zarasi написал:

If you wish to get 'mana on block' on a shield, then, by all means, feel free. Think about it however, if you go through a map, play really well, stay at range with a ranged spell, and never get hit at all - how much mana did you gain from 'mana on block'?

I'm sorry but I don't think anything of what you said ever happened since I played this build ... I've yet to find an enemy that doesn't hit me especially since even a fist as a range longer than Arc and I try to outrun enemies when I open a strongbox but even with a quicksilver flask they always get me and kill me. Drox can kill me from the other side of the map, I know too well since I failed to kill his Awakened 3 version 3 times now and I trying to find a way to survive for the fourth time how I'm even supposed to not be ever hit? Then why investing so much in keeping Bone Offering up and going a Necro I'm not supposed to get hit. Why playing Arc? I'm quite sure better ranged spells exist.
Don't take me as confrontational or condescending or insulting or a troll but the more I ask for help and the more look like we are talking and playing this build not only completely different from the guide but as this whole build was meant to be played and I've no idea anymore on what I'm playing.
I don't want to die anymore, right now I die more than the portals in a map what is the best for that?
Последняя редакция: ArionAthreides. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 11:16:46
"
Zarasi написал:

Mana on block is a bit of a trap - technically you don't want to block, as if you did then you were hit - and you don't want to be hit; you can sustain your mana without it. It's a bit counter productive as the better you play, the lower the mana gain you get from that stat is. It's like punishment for playing better. If you need, or want, mana sustain on your shield then I would go with increased mana regeneration rate - and preferably a high roll of it, although a crafted roll would do.

Completely seconded here, mana regen is useful 100% of the time. (Disclaimer: I changed "flat" to "increased" in the quote.) Especially if you want to run RF. ;)

I bought this last night for only 10c--absolute theft, if you ask me--and I'd gladly take it over the same thing with mana on block, which is way more expensive as an affix:

Zarasi, after dicking around in PoB, I do like your idea of Clear Mind without clarity; it's just going to take a minute to reshuffle my gear to cram more mana regen onto my gear while maintaining core stats. Still a little nervous Omeyocan's gonna try to stop the show, but no way to tell until I try!
During normal mapping indeed I don't find the mana recover on block quite noticeable. If the mob density goes up however you might block a lot. Especially for those who play this game on a laptop/potato desktop, the drop in FPS is enough to get you hit quite a few times. In Simulacrum for example I think the on block effect is more valuable. Otherwise, I agree it's okay to go with a DPS shield, or even shields with other defensive properties. (max res, etc)

One thing you can do to prevent one-shot is to get fortify(using shield charge for example). Don't bump into hard hitting mobs, just find some random guy in the corner to bump. That gives you around 6 seconds of 20% damage reduction. You then use the time window to escape to the next safe spot in heist, for example. I personally find it saving me many times, when mobs left me with very low HP in heists when fortify was up.

As people play the game they're constantly trying new stuff. Not necessarily for DPS, but just for fun. Following the guide verbatim will have no problem getting you to all the end game content, but then you can start being creative and think about all the interesting mechanics the game has to offer. There are some travel agencies when I was back in my home country that tells you what exactly to see and eat and buy when you travel. You'll probably be doing fine in terms of sceneries/food/souvenirs, but then you lose the rewarding feeling of discovery, and that is what travelling has to offer.
"
Gimdornim написал:
You'll probably be doing fine in terms of sceneries/food/souvenirs, but then you lose the rewarding feeling of discovery, and that is what traveling has to offer.

Again, please don't take me as confrontational, insulting, and all that's not my intent. But if I wanted the pleasure of discovery I would not play in a league. I would have done Standard so I could take the time to understand how a proper setup for an Immortal Syndicate Safehouse is, do the Pale Court or a max Delirium Map, or find a use for all those Shards the guy who erupt out from those red hands left around. I tried the whole explore approach back in Harvest and Harvest end up with me being able to do nothing, not even see how the Avatar of the Groove looked up. Right now all I want is to reach 24 Challenges done and get the Cat before Heist end. I'm not even sure I will ever face Sirius this league frankly since I'm losing hope that I could ever defeat an Awaken 4 Guardian with this build as I play it.

I can barely craft a flask and only because what affixes are good are written on this guide otherwise I could not figure what I do is good or bad, therefore the only thing telling me what to buy and what is wrong or not is the guide. I wasted all the day looking for that Shield because I've no chance to get an Offer Chest Armor right now and I don't know what to else improve. Even that Fortify you talk about ... I've no idea of what you are talking about. How do I get Fortify?

I don't have any skill to experiment nor any desire to explore (I'm not even sure I like this country I'm visiting). Experiment means you know what you do and I don't. That's why I follow the guides.
Последняя редакция: ArionAthreides. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 12:32:25
Just to make it clear, mentioning Fortify is related to the question raised by Ledanika, and all the follow-up discussion. I have no intention to discuss with people that would not benefit from our discussion.
"
Gimdornim написал:
Just to make it clear, mentioning Fortify is related to the question raised by Ledanika, and all the follow-up discussion. I have no intention to discuss with people that would not benefit from our discussion.

So much for telling you to not take it confrontationally ... I'm sorry that you felt insulted by what I wrote. Clearly I'm far from understanding how to ask for help here besides not knowing how to play this game.
Последняя редакция: ArionAthreides. Время: 22 окт. 2020 г., 12:48:57
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
DannyNorth написал:

Hah, yeah, the only good lot I've gotten from Sirus this league was an Awakener's Orb on my first (A5) fight...which dropped right after I died with zero portals left.

My PoB is exporting links that then won't import, I (and others) get a 404 error from the pastebin links it creates. I've got the community fork and it's been doing this for a week. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall later and post a link then, since it sounds like this isn't universal.

Killed my first Sirus A8 on this character two days ago. Drop me an Awakened CoC. Thought I hit the Jackpot until I checked the trade site. 10 exalts. DAMN!! A season too late. Also, still drooling over your Stygian Vise. Is their a "Crafting for Idiots" process you can share? I have tried what little I know and even went as far as spamming about 200 Chaos. I spent 4 exalts on Lucent Fossils this morning.

Wow, I'd love to get a 10-ex drop from a Sirus kill!! Lol

I followed pretty much the exact process someone (I think Gimdornim, sorry if this is a misattribution!) laid out a few weeks back to make this:

I'd absolutely trade for the base, it's so much easier. I'm sure mine was an ex or less. Search for stygian vises, min ilvl 75, 80+ life and 60+ mana as explicit mods and no open prefixes. Do another group with count 1 40%+ fire resist, cold resist, and lightning resist (explicit) and a third group with count 2 two open suffixes, one open suffix, and one crafted suffix. Use 20 fertile catalysts on it, craft cannot roll attack mods, cross fingers, and slam with Redeemer's orb. (Then use another 20 catalysts if you got lucky.) You should have at least a 50% chance of getting t1 or t2 mana recovery.

Sorry if I butchered the quotes here, I'm doing this from my phone and it's a pain in the ass. Lousy job.

Edit: fixed the misquotes. Thanks for the props, zarasi! ^^

I have this one. Craicic Chimeral are cheap at the moment so I am spamming them till I get a solid life or resist mod. Then craft dual mods to get me by while I work on a better one. The mana recovery rate will be a leap in QoL. I am currently running a Heiro ball lightning build that the tree and gear is almost exactly the same as this one, except for the Pledge of Hands and Skyforth.

The Skyforth give a major mana boost and still able to run RF. I believe I am pushing close to 12k unreserved mana.
Arion can you hit me up in game? I might be able to help you progress in the right direction.
Is this shield worth multimodding with life and mana?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация