Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'm mostly a casual in my not-so-old age, but wanted to say thanks for this build and write-up. Now I can spend less time learning the game, and more time playing it. Devs should pay players for stuff like this. Well done.
Hey Enki!

I am still playing this build and I am really enjoying it! Thanks again!

Concering gear-upgrades: I am having problems to find further upgrades. I looked for boots with 3x 35+ Res and they are REALLY expensive. Didn't even see some with the right enchantments since league start.

Same for helmet. If I search for 70+ life, 50+ mana, 50+ pseudo res and storm call duration, I didn't find anything for weeks now.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the stuff I am looking for just too good to be true? Should I go for 2x 45+ resistances on each item instead of 3x 35+? Any further suggestions?

I have a 8 Ex at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
@lkwpeter: I'd recommend to start with your helmet, you have two options there: either buy a helmet base with the right enchant and craft it (Essences or Alch + Scour), or buy a good helmet and enchant it yourself.

The former will be faster and potentially cheaper, but unless you find a shaped helmet base with that enchant you will have to give up both good shaped mods in that slot. The latter option will ensure you get a really highend helmet, but depending on your luck may take a while to hit the Storm Call enchant. If it's worth that effort is up to you, to me it wasn't but that's also due to the fact that i don't actively play this char.

After that is set, you will know exactly how many resistances you need from your boots. Getting triple resistances here may even be overkill, if you do need it then keep in mind that masters can add up to 30% of a resistance, or a smaller dual resistance mod if there's a free suffix. Poeaffix.net can help if you're unsure about prefixes/suffixes.

Ignore enchants while looking for boots, chances are very low to find something with exactly the mods you need and the right enchant. This is something you will have to farm yourself, luckily there aren't that many boot enchants so it usually won't take too long to get something useful, although the best enchants are of course more rare. You can even consider running Merciless labs for this, the difference isn't big enough to justify the cost - unless you want to farm Uber lab anyway.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki! Thanks for your detailed answer.

Your support for this build is just gorgeous! Thanks for that!

Unfortunately, I am no hardcore player, so I need to aim for something that suits my possibilites.

1.) How important is it to have the enchant in addition to either Innervate or Added Lightning Damage? Is it a minor damage increase or does it make a huge difference? I am fairly new to PoE, but it sounds like it's going to be very expensive to get enchant + life/mana/res + shaped mods. And I have never crafted before, because it's my first league and I fear to waste my currency.

2.) If you needed to decide between one or two of them, which one would you pick (by priority)? What would be reasonable for a casual player like me?

The problem is, I don't like Uber Lab and the list of possible enchantments is just so damn long that it seems to be impossible to farm it. So, I am thinking about going for either enchant or innvervate/added ldmg rather than spending all my hard earned currency for that one item.

I know I am asking a lot of questions. Sorry for that. But I would be glad about an advice. :)

Thanks in advance!
Последняя редакция: lkwpeter. Время: 15 апр. 2018 г., 16:07:30
@lkwpeter: Don't worry, that's what this thread is here for and i'll gladly answer all questions if it helps someone learning something new.

The enchant brings my Storm Call duration from 0.68s down to 0.45s, if my math is correct that should be a roughly 13% DPS increase if you can keep casting without interruptions and all Storm Calls hit the target. Other than that it can also help with hitting fast moving targets.

I personally value mapping more than bossfarming, so i'd go with a good shaped helmet. You could also consider to simply get two helmets, the shaped helmet for general gameplay and a Storm Call enchanted one as switch for tougher bossfights. In that case simply get a noncrafted base helmet and force the needed resistance with either Essence- or Beastcrafting, until it comes with a decent liferoll and then mastercraft mana on it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Последняя редакция: Enki91. Время: 16 апр. 2018 г., 13:11:22
Thanks again for your kind reply! With boss farming you mean Elder, T16, Atziri, etc., right? Or do you just mean including/skipping map bosses? I also like mapping over endgame bosses. So, I will go for shaped helmet first. If I get you right, the Priority is Innervate > Added LDmg. But I'll try to get both.

In addition, do you have any recommendation about how to level 90+ fast?

Kind regards!
Последняя редакция: lkwpeter. Время: 17 апр. 2018 г., 10:24:51
Hi i'm new here it tells me the passive skill tree isn't updated, where I can find the updated version for the arc witch? thanks!
"
EndruWiggin написал:
Hi i'm new here it tells me the passive skill tree isn't updated, where I can find the updated version for the arc witch? thanks!
Just ignore that writing, it's up-to-date.
Damn.. Just logged back into this character to level her up and looks like a lots changed since these days Enki XD

I also have

Would I be able to get some recommendations to get this character back on track? What should I change first? Should I sell some stuff? Currency isnt too much of an issue so Ill probably keep the gear and buy whatever it is I need to get this character back to mapping etc. As is I cant even defeat Hardcore Izario lol

Cheers for any and all advice!
@lkwpeter: Yeah that's what i meant with bossfarming, most are possible to do without the enchant but it just makes it much easier. The priority on shaped helmet is also correct, if you can't find anything with a good life or mana roll you could also consider adding one of those through masters.

To gain levels fast at 90+ you want to chain maps with a relatively good packsize and layout. It doesn't necessarily have to be the highest tier possible, maps like Spider Forest or Defiled Cathedral will most likely give you better exp/h than something like Sunken City.

Even better, but more costly to set up would be a shaped map strategy, mostly done with T10 maps.
The advantage is that you can completely force to only get this map drop, and cheaply sextant them with mostly white and yellow sextants. To do this you would have to uncomplete all T10-12 maps and have no shaped T11/12, or optionally keep Shaped Ramparts to vendor them up to Shaped Armoury which are good to run or sell. The best maps for this strategy would be either Toxic Sewer or Haunted Mansion, which both give some of the highest exp/h in the game.

@EndruWiggin: No idea why it's still shown like that, i've manually created all the trees after the new passive tree was on the servers but as khanjui pointed out, the trees are updated.

@Ashvile: Get a 6L Inpulsa's, a good rolled Catalyst, a shield with Spellblock conversion, a shaped helmet with Innervate and optionally Lightning Dmg to Spells, new boots, a high level Storm Call and any flasks you're missing. Might also need some new jewels if yours have staff-specific mods.
twitch.tv/enki91

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация